So, I was looking to add a little height to my garden but I wasn’t sure what I wanted. During one of my Pinterest pin-a-thon’s I came across this and as I have been getting a little more adventurous in what I can do I thought that I’d give it a go.
My planning stage took a lot of maths. I think if my building skills where up to my maths skills the outcome would have been a lot more exact.
I must have looked mad to my neighbours when I dug the 3m stormdrain pole into the front garden, straight up into the air. But after seeing the other designs, I thought that it would be a good way of watering the plants. After all my maths prep and then my “that’s good enough” cutting my measurements weren’t that far off. And I’ve been managing to keep things level.
The bottom level went on. I decided to step back from the maths and just work out the 45 of the lengths and let the saw do the talking
I must have looked crazy again but drilling holes into the pile then filling it with rocks. But putting the rocks in help stop the pipe filling with soil and let the water flow freely.
It took about 0.75m3 to fill. While I was filling it I realised that the bottom two tiers were too far apart. I’m hoping that once the plants settle it will stop the erosion of the soil but if not I have some ideas on how to fix it.
I think it looks really good. I filled the front sides with seedlings and will be putting seeds in the sides facing the house to save on money.
Want to build your own. I’m going to write up some plans that I hope are easy to follow.
It will include sizes of wood and types of wood I used and angles of cuts. I couldn’t find anything like that online.
Other post on this garden
Other Gardening posts
To help support me please head on over and check out my beauty products pages
https://www.seacretdirect.com/handymummy/en/au/ My instagram – https://www.instagram.com/handy_mummy_blog/ My Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/handymummyblog/