The boys are sick and I normally put a tea-light burner with Vicks or eucalyptus oil but since having kids I now feel that it’s unsafe.
I was looking for eucalyptus wax melts to go into my electric melts warmer but I couldn’t find any. So I made my own.
I used 5mls eucalyptus oil and 2mls lavender oil.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup bees wax
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 5mls minimum oils (the smelly stuff)
What to do:
- Using a heatproof glass and pot bring water to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Add coconut oil and beeswax
- When oil and wax has melted together add the smell you like
- Place in a container to cool.
You have to use the double boiler technique otherwise the bees wax may explode.
According to the man at Bunnings, beeswax boiling point is between 80°c and 90°c with it exploding when it’s heated over that. Not sure what he meant by explode but I think it must catch fire or splatter or something.
Partylite: Jayne Hatch – Contact me for her information.