- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 /2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- 125g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Mix rolled oats, sifted flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and set asside.
- Mix butter and golden syrup in a saucepan, stir over low heat until butter has melted
- Mix bicarb and boiling water. Add to melted butter mixture (and watch it bubble)
- Slowly add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a tablespoon and place on to a baking paper lined tray (allow room for spreading)
- Bake 150° for 20mins
- Loosen on tray while still warm, then leave to cool, then move to cooling rake.