What is the No Spend February Challenge??
Well a personal challenge that I set myself for the past month, after finding the idea on Pinterest. I just set myself some rules about what to think about before I spend money.
- Can I take lunch with me?
- Can I make it myself?
- Can something else be used in its place?
- Bring your own drinks (coffee/tea/water)
- Do I really need new clothes?
- Can it wait until next month?
- Do I really need it?
- Have you run out if … already?
- Are you shopping to escape?
- I thought you were trying to do clutter, is this just more clutter?
- Do you have to go into Kmart?
- Buy take-away food
- Buy food while your out if you don’t have to.
- Buy bottled water
- Buy takeaway coffee
I pretty much just lifted it straight from their only changing some of the words because I’m not one to buy heaps of clothes, I’m more likely to buy the trashy piece of tech that will make your “life easier”. As you can see from the picture, I actually started in January because I thought what was the point in waiting until the next month to start, just bloody do it. That and I wanted to give myself more stickers. (I clearly haven’t grown out of that visual reward stage, lol)
I only failed on 5 days and I can’t really remember what I bought, so that just proves that I probably didn’t really need the items and I know that I just really need to avoid Kmart, lol. But I love that place. I am feeling a little better for doing this and our bank account will be thanking me in the long run.
Who’s up for the March/April Challenge?
Comment below and I’ll send you a link to the group. xoxoxox